Friends of Broadwater
Your 2021 Friends of Broadwater Team
In February, we held the Friends of Broadwater (formerly known as the PTA) Annual General Meeting to elect a Chair, Treasurer, Secretary and Committee members for the coming year:
Chair - Emma Beech
Treasurer - Anthony Baines
Secretary - Natasha Wood
Committee Members - Jo Ghosh, Ann-Marie O'Brien, Mary Shipley
At the meeting we had a report from the Treasurer about the fundraising and spending since the last AGM (see below for more info). We also decided to rename the PTA the Friends of Broadwater. We are looking forward to a successful and fun year and will be organising more meetings online soon (and in person once that's allowed). Minutes of the meeting and the full Treasurer's report have been emailed to all parents and staff.
We are always raising money to help the school. You can donate to Friends of Broadwater anytime by clicking on this linkDonation via Easyfundraising
In the autumn term we were pleased to finally have in person Friends of Broadwater meetings and two fundraising events.
Our main fundraiser was the Christmas fair which took place in the playground and raised just over £800 for the school. It was so nice to work together to put on a fun event for the school community to enjoy. The money raised will be used for our new Forest School and for fun school trips for the children.
Thank you to all the parents, staff and children for helping at and attending the event and also to all the local businesses which donated food, prizes and even a Christmas tree. We couldn't have done it without you.
Welcome to Friends of Broadwater
The Friends of Broadwater (formerly known as the PTA) is a voluntary organisation made up of parents and school staff and has been a registered charity since 2013 (Registered Charity No: 1150858). Our key goals are:
- To raise funds to enrich the education of all children at Broadwater Primary School and support school activities;
- To help build a sense of community between parents, staff and others associated with the school;
- To ensure that children enjoy their time at Broadwater by providing fun events.
As a parent or carer of a child at Broadwater, you are automatically part of the Friends of Broadwater and we welcome anyone who would like to get involved. The skills, experience and enthusiasm provided by parents and staff play a vital role in our success and all contributions, big or small, are greatly appreciated.
- Sign up to our private Facebook group – Friends of Broadwater
- Sign up to our mailing list by emailing email@example.com
- Speak to one of your friendly committee members!
We always need people to:
- Share ideas – this is your school and we value your input so if you have an idea about fundraising or an event, please get in touch!
- Help at events either or with preparations
Help us by collecting free donations every time you shop online. Follow these 3 easy steps:
- Join: Head to easyfundraising and search for Broadwater Primary School to start fundraising.
- Shop: There are nearly 3,000 retailers on board, so pick the one you want and start shopping.
- Raise: After you’ve made your purchase, the retailer will make a donation to Broadwater Primary School at no extra cost to you.
Ask if your employer offers Match Funding
Many companies offer ‘matched giving’ to their employees - meaning that if you raise funds for the school, they will also donate funds. For example, if you help out at a particular event the company will ‘match’ what that event/stall raises. Please speak to your employer about whether this is something your company does. It could mean even more money to spend on our school!